Friday, October 28, 2005

Do it like a monkey!

STIPIMM: “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by the Backstreet Boys

Merry Fitzmas everyone!

I got some exciting news today. Improv Asylum, Boston’s foremost improvisational troupe, has selected my film, “Through the Window,” be shown as part of their weekly “Director’s Cut” event next Tuesday, the 1st.

The concept behind “Director’s Cut” is kind of unusual. Each week, the troupe shows two short films, one each from a local filmmaker. The directors then get the opportunity to “direct” the troupe’s actors in an improv game. Sounds daunting, but I’m sure it will be set up to be fun no matter what.

Bridget won’t be able to come, and that makes me sad (she has rehearsal that night). However, it seems that a few people from work will be able to go, which will be nice.

The only thing that I’m particularly uneasy about is the film itself. For those of you who don’t remember, “Through the Window” is the film-noirish 7-minute silent black & white film I did with Kenneth Tebo for our Film & Video II final project. It stars the lovely Jenny Morris as well as Kenneth and me. It has its merits, but it’s certainly not something that I hold up as my finest work. I will do my best not to wince while watching it Tuesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Best Buy Coupons